The Family Tree is Maryland's leading nonprofit dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and neglect. Through effective, research-backed programs, we create changes in families throughout Maryland that will have a positive impact for generations to come. We are a national affiliate of Prevent Child Abuse America, Parents Anonymous and The National Exchange Club.
The Family Tree relies on local media to help us give parents the support and resources they need to make good decisions when raising their families.
If you're a member of the media exploring a story about The Family Tree or our areas of expertise, or if you are searching for compelling story ideas, we'd love to hear from you! Please contact Jackie Dilworth, Communications & Advocacy Manager, at 410-454-1198 or email.
If you are interested in more information about our organization, please see our Organizational Profile. You can also find us actively engaged on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
A Look at Recent Coverage
- iHeart Radio Baltimore (December 11, 2016) - Profile of The Family Tree
- WBFF-TV (November 18, 2016) - Report Card Aftermath
- WBAL-TV (November 16, 2016) - Group offers tips for parents at report card time
- Chesapeake Family Magazine (October 26, 2016) - Tips to keep kids safe on Halloween
- WBFF-TV (October 7, 2016) - Talking to your kids about clowns
- Baltimore Fishbowl (September 27, 2016) - Join Saturday’s Family Tree FamFest: Fun With A Purpose
- WBFF-TV (September 26, 2016) - The Importance of Playtime
- iHeart Radio Baltimore (September 4, 2016) - Profile of The Family Tree and FamFest
- WJZ-TV (July 31, 2016) - Best of Baltimore Party to Benefit Family Tree Org.
- WBFF-TV (July 29, 2016) - Talking to Kids about Tragedy
- Chesapeake Family Magazine (July 13, 2016) - Tips to make sure children don't get left in a hot car
- Maryland Public Television (July 2016) - MPT & Your Community
- WBFF-TV (June 22, 2016) - Summertime Car Safety
- WBAL-TV (June 19, 2016) - Talking to Kids About Tragedy
- Baltimore Magazine (July Issue) - Socialite: Great Chefs' Dinner
- Baltimore Business Journal (July 17, 2016) - Food, family and fun
- WMAR-TV (May 8, 2016) - Maryland Spotlight: The Family Tree
- The Baltimore Sun (April 27, 2016) - Annual Great Chefs' Dinner
- WBAL-TV (April 24, 2016) - 15 for Families
- WJZ-TV (October 6, 2015) - Non-Profit To Host ‘Family Fair And Walk’ This Saturday
- WBFF-TV (July 26, 2015) - Best of Baltimore