Tips for All Parents
Important Resources for Parents
- Have a parenting question or looking for a support group? Call The Family Tree's Parenting HelpLine at 1-800-243-7337.
- Who's watching your child? When you leave your child with your partner or babysitter, you expect them to care for your child just like you would. That is not always the case. Here's how to find safe, trusting care for your child.
- Don't know how to talk to your child(ren) about tragedy in the news? It's not easy explaining acts of violence that can confuse and frighten them. Here's how...
- Struggling with disciplining your child? Discipline doesn't have to hurt. Here are some strategies to help you increase cooperation, reduce family stress and raise healthy kids.
- Did your child get a bad report card? Raising your voice won't raise grades. Learn how to respond before you act in anger or disappointment.
- Is your baby crying constantly? Do you feel like you are at the end of your rope? Call our HelpLine at 1-880-243-7337. You can also click here to learn why your baby is crying and how you can console her. The Family Tree partners with the Department of Health & Mental Hygiene to share important tips on calming your child here.
- Unsure of healthy sleep positions for baby? It's as simple as the ABCs: Baby sleeps Alone on his/her Back in a Crib. Learn more here.
- Want to be a better parent? Click here to find a class at The Family Tree that fits your needs in raising healthy and productive child(ren)!
Raising Your Child
- Supporting Academic Success & Mental Growth Learning to Love Books Raising Good Readers & Writers
- Bonding with Your Baby Click Here
- Getting Your Child to Participate in Team Sports Click Here
- Flying With Children
- Shopping with Children
- Toy Safety Tips
- Encouraging Cooperation Through Communication
- Responding to an Angry Child
- Thinking Outside of Hugs: Ways to Show You Care
- Stress Management
Child Stress Parent Stress
Tips for a Successful School Year
Leading Up to the Big Day
Helping Your Child Succeed
Dealing with Difficult Situations
Raising Your Teen
- Parents are the Key to Teen Driving
- Talking to Your Teen About Sex
- The Best Way to Fight With a Teenager
- When Your Teen Starts Dating: Promoting Healthy Relationships
- Helping a Teen Handle the Emotional Challenges of Moving
- Swimming Safety Click Here
- Summer Heat - Everything You Need to Know
- Comprehensive Summer Safety Guide (Atlantic Training) Click Here
- 10 Tips for Summer Learning (NSLA) Click Here
- Tips for Summer Family Fun Click Here
General Safety Tips
- Babysitter's Emergency Checklist Click Here
- Tips for Communicating With Your Child About Personal Safety Click Here
- What to Do if Your Child Discloses Sexual Abuse
- Leaving Your Child Home Alone Click Here and Here (for more resources)
- Protecting Your Child Online Click Here
- Halloween Safety Click Here
- Sexual Safety in Sports Click Here
- Ten Tips for Keeping Children Safe Click Here
- Protecting From Cyber Pedophiles Click Here
Tips for Difficult Life Situations
- Recognizing and Coping with Signs of Distress in Young Children Click Here
- How Trauma Can Affect Your Child
- Coping with the Holiday Blues
- Helping Your Child Through Divorce
Click Here or Here
- Tips for Blending Families
- Tips for Foster Parents
- Tips for Custodial Grandparents Click Here
- Childhood Depression: What Parents Can Do To Help
- Parental Rights and Keeping Families Together with Family Support Services Click Here
- Keeping Your Calm: Avoiding Emotional Hurt & Abuse
- Coping with Tough Economic Times Click Here
- Coping with a Death in the Family
- Single Parent's Guide to Addiction Recovery
- Raising an ADHD Child Alone