Facts & Figures
- Headquartered in Baltimore City with satellite offices in the Greater Baltimore and National Capital areas, we are committed to ensuring every Maryland family has the tools to raise children to become healthy, productive and competent adults.
- More than 22,000 people each year receive help from The Family Tree through our programs and parenting classes, which are backed by research and proven to be successful.
- We do this with the help of 45 professional staff, as well as 489 volunteers who donate 11,291 hours of their time each year.
- We have an active Board of Directors consisting of 41 members who sit on 8 committees to ensure we continue to operate with innovation and ethics.
- We are a national affiliate of Prevent Child Abuse America, Parents Anonymous®, and The National Exchange Club.
- The Family Tree is the lead agency of the multi-sector Maryland Partnership to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse, which oversees the planning and implementation of the Enough Abuse campaign.
Effective & Efficient Programs
- We keep families together and children out of the system. That saves the state $70,000 per child per year (if that child was to be placed in foster care).
- For every $1 invested in our cause of prevention, it is estimated that Maryland saves $15 that would have been spent on treating the symptoms.
- Two years after completing The Family Tree's parenting education program, 94% of the families remain intact with no children removed from the home. In addition, 84% of families did not experience a subsequent referral to CPS.
- Over 90% of families who received our home visitation services have babies born healthy, receive timely medical care, and avoid emergency room visits.
- Nearly 97% of callers to our 24-hour Parenting HelpLine report increased feelings of confidence and competence in addressing their current challenges.
- 85% of parents who attend our support groups report reduced stress and 100% learned new ways of coping.
- The Family Tree has been strengthening families since 1974. Learn more about our history.
The Family Tree is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit serving as the leading authority in Maryland for the prevention of child abuse and neglect. Our strategic plan, Moving Families Forward, calls for a dramatic ramp-up of services between FY 2016 and FY 2018. Our overarching goal is to build stronger families throughout Maryland. We will achieve this by making three key impacts: family impact, community impact, and societal impact.
- We are proud to have the coveted 4 Star Rating from Charity Navigator for strong financial health and a commitment to accountability and transparency!
- We have a $3 million annual operating budget, yet public funding only covers 40%. The remaining 60% comes from private donors, who, over the past four decades, have helped thousands of families across the state.
- 75 cents of every dollar donated to The Family Tree goes directly to programs and services that help children and families thrive.
- FY 2017 Audit
- Form 990
- FY 2018 Operating Budget
- Donor Privacy & Confidentiality Policy
- FY 2017 Annual Report
Patricia K. Cronin, LCSW-C is the Executive Director of The Family Tree, a state-wide child abuse prevention organization that serves over 20,000 people each year.
During her tenure, Pat has continued her 25-year career as a child advocate. She has serves as Chair of the Governor's State Council on Child Abuse and Neglect, as well as Chair of the Maryland Partnership to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse Campaign. Pat also serves on local Child Abuse Panels overseeing efforts to prevent unintentional and intentional child injuries; has presented at numerous state and national conferences and co-authored academic papers; and served as a Board member and volunteer in various community organizations including the Charles Village Community Benefit District, the Maryland Association of Resources for Children and Families, and Baltimore County Public Schools.