Community Health Nurse – Family Connects Maryland
This position provides short term home visiting to all families with newborns delivering at Sinai Hospital. The home visiting nurse will support and assess family needs in 12 domains of physical and psychosocial wellbeing and facilitate referrals and connections to community agencies.
Child Care Teacher – Full-Time
This position is responsible for providing skilled childcare to children who enroll at Kids Care Plus. The Teacher will implement daily activities that promote learning, independence, and social interactions.
Bilingual Family Support Specialist
This position provides strength-based family support services in cooperation with families of children 0-3 years old and must speak Spanish. This work requires that the FSS, by means of weekly in-home visits, partners with families to identify needs, develop plans of action, and mobilize resources that build family effectiveness. FSS are required to maintain a caseload of 15-20 families.
Family Support Specialist – Parents as Teachers
Under the direct supervision of the Parent Educator Supervisor, the Parent Educator provides parent education, developmental information, and family support to parents through personal home visits to promote the healthy development of children from pregnancy to kindergarten. Parent Educators utilize the nationally recognized Parents as Teachers curriculum to deliver quality home-based early childhood education, developmentally age-appropriate resources and effective child-parent interaction techniques.
Support Group Coordinator
This position is accountable for the day-to-day implementation of parent support, family engagement, and children’s programming across Maryland. This work is defined by the parameters of support group standards and the agency’s strategic plan. The work requires the development and maintenance of program sites and affiliations statewide.
Community Education Specialist – Family Education
This position provides training, technical assistance and support for parents, volunteers and community partners in The Family Tree’s models to enhance family life thereby preventing child abuse and neglect. Providing support in the areas of child/youth development and management within the Baltimore City, Baltimore County and surrounding counties. Engages parents to building their capacity and effectiveness with their children. The work hours are flexible to meet the needs of the community.
Infant & Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant
The Infant & Early Childhood Mental Health Consultant will provide consultant services to child care professionals and families to promote children’s social emotional development. Through observations, assessments, trainings, consultation, and coaching consultants support adults to help children safely express a range of emotions, to engage in positive interactions with others, and experience success in their unique learning environments.
Family Support Specialist – Healthy Families
This position provides strength based family support services in cooperation with families of children prenatal-3. This work requires that the FSA, by means of weekly in home visits, partners with families to identify needs, develop plans of action, and mobilize resources that build family effectiveness. FSAâ€™s are required to maintain a caseload of 15-25 families.
The Family Tree is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Family Tree is dedicated to the protection and nurturance of children and families and, as such, judgement of individuals on the basis of personal characteristics is inconsistent with our mission. The Family Tree is committeed to the laws and intent of Equal Employment Opportunity in hiring and promotion. We recruit, hire, train, pay, promote, discipline and terminate our employees without regard to age, disability, economic status, ethnicity, gender, marital status, national origin, race, color, religion, creed, sexual preferece, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other impermissible factor, in accordance with applicable laws. In providing services to our clients and working with volunteers, The Family Tree treats all ppeople fairly and without regard to age, disability, economic status, ethnicity, gender, marital status, national origin, race, color, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or genetic information.
The Family Tree offers competitive salaries, as well as excellent benefits such as:
- All full-time employees or part-time employees who work 24 or more hours a week and their dependents are eligible to participate in the health insurance benefits.
- Employees are eligible for enrollment on the first day of the month following their hire date.
- CareFirst Blue Choice HMO HRA
- CareFirst Preferred Dental 4
- CareFirst Vision Option 3
- Employees working at least 20 hours per week, automatically receive, at no cost, basic life and AD insurance in an amount equal to $25,000
- 14 Paid Holidays per year for full time and eligible part-time employees
- During the first two years of employment, employees earn 10 days per year for full-time employees, 5 days for part-time.
- Two years to four years of employment, 15 days per year for full-time employees and 7.5 per year for part-time.
- Four years to fourteen years, 20 days per year for full-time employees and 10 for part-time.
- Fifteen years and each year thereafter, 25 days per year for full-time employees.
- 10 day per year for full-time Employees
- 5.71 days per year for part-time employees
- Up to 4 days (28 hours) given to allow for employees to attend to important personal business during working hours for full-time employees and 2 personal days for part-time employees.
- 5 days with pay per occurrence for a death of immediate family of a full-time employee.
- 2.5 days with pay per occurrence for a death of immediate family of a part-time employees
- All full-time regular employees who are required to report for jury duty will receive their regular rate of pay for ten (10) working days.
Retirement BenefitsThe Family Tree offers all employees the option of deferring a portion of their salary, pre-tax, to plan for their retirement. Employees are eligible to participate after their introductory period (first 90 days). This is not an employer contributory plan.For more information, please contact:
Human Resources Manager
Phone: 410-889-2300 ext. 1197